Summer isn’t over yet.
The kids are headed back to school soon. Clothing stores have begun to stock Autumn apparel. The sunlight hours are waning. But, we’ve still got plenty of gorgeous, sunny days to embrace and appreciate, and plenty of opportunities to get outside and move before the weather turns foul.
Today’s quickie is in celebration of Summer’s inevitable curtain, offering up a variety of basic bodyweight movements you can do just about anywhere–with no equipment needed.
Go on. Get outside. Play in the sand, at the park, or in your own back yard. Move, sweat, and express gratitude under the fleeting Summer sun.
This particular bodyweight workout is all about getting metabolic and burning fat, so you won’t place a heavy focus on strength. Although depending on where you are in your strength journey, you might increase strength and work capacity.
Set your timer for 10-20 minutes, depending on how much time you have to spare. Do the following exercises in order with as little rest as possible in between.
1) Glute Bridge x 10-15
2) Pushup x 10-15
3) Skater Jump (Lateral Bound) x 10-15 each side
4) Rolling Plank x 10-15 each side
5) In/Out Squat x 10-15 each side
Follow it up with a fresh, ice cold protein shake such as this BIG ASS Basil Mango Shake:
What you need:
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 scoops vanilla or cake batter protein powder (aim for about 30-40 grams of protein)
- 1-1.5 cup cold water or almond milk
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves
- GIANT handful fresh, raw spinach
- Small handful fresh, raw kale (too much kale makes your shake taste like grass)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or squeeze of fresh lemon)
- BIG ASS handful ice cubes